Vientiane Climate & Temperature
- Vientiane, Laos is at 17°57'N, 102°33'E, 171 m (561 ft). See map.
- Vientiane has a tropical wet and dry/ savanna climate (Köppen-Geiger classification: Aw) with a pronounced dry season in the low-sun months , no cold season, wet season is in the high-sun months.
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Vientiane is situated in or near the subtropical moist forest biome.
- The mean temperature is 25.9 degrees Celsius (78.6 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 6.8 °C (12.2°F). This indicates that the continentality type is hyperoceanic, subtype truly hyperoceanic.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 1648.7 mm (64.9 inches) which is equivalent to 1648.7 Litres/m² (40.44 Gallons/ft²).
- On average there are 2420 hours of sunshine per year. Visit the sunshine and daylight section to check monthly details including how high in the sky the sun reaches each month.
- If you were to burrow down through the Earth from Vientiane you would come out nearest to the climate station at San Juan De Marcona, Peru where you would find a Subtropical desert climate (Warm temperate desert biome).
Rio de Janeiro,
Climate of Vientiane, Laos Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below:
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- Luang Prabang, Laos - 219.8 kms (136.6 miles) NNW
- Nan/ Muang Nan, Thailand - 210.9 kms (131 miles) WNW
- Lampang, Thailand - 325.5 kms (202.2 miles) W
- Phrae, Thailand - 255 kms (158.5 miles) W
- Uttaradit East, Thailand - 264 kms (164 miles) W
- Loei, Thailand - 104.4 kms (64.9 miles) WSW
- Phitsanulok/ Sarit, Thailand - 274.9 kms (170.8 miles) WSW
- Phetchabun, Thailand - 225.8 kms (140.3 miles) SW
- Chaiyaphum, Thailand - 244.6 kms (152 miles) SSW
- Korat/ Nakhon Ratcha, Thailand - 335.5 kms (208.5 miles) S